The culmination of students’ academic achievements, the dissertation presents an opportunity for students to conduct a study in an area of interest to them. Students work one-on-one with a dissertation chair to develop a topic into a detailed research proposal. Once the research proposal is approved, students collect and analyze data, write a report of their results and discuss their research and findings in the dissertation defense.
Classes such as research methods and statistics provide the training and tools necessary to complete the research project, the progress of which is monitored by the dissertation chair.
Research reflects our students’ diverse interests. Topics cover a wide range of subjects, such as leadership, organizational change and mentoring. There's a partial list of dissertations below.
Davis, J. (2014, August). Social Networking Sites: An Exploration of Usage, Benefits, and Drawbacks. Read Dr. Davis' abstract
Denker, J. (2014, May). Looking for Performance in All the Right Places: What Do New Venture Startup Teams Have to Do With It? Read Dr. Denker's abstract
George, S. (2014, September). Perceptions of top management team commitment to corporate social responsibility: An exploration of the relationship with employee engagement. Read Dr. George's abstract
Hager, M. (2014, May). AN examination of Social Skills as a Correlate and Moderator of the Relationship Between Networking Behaviors and Career Outcomes. Read Dr. Hager's abstract
Mayes-Denker, K. (2014, May). Private or Public: Does Corporate Social Responsibility Influence Profit? Read Dr. Mayes-Denker's abstract
Others in alpha-order:
- Allison, J. (2007, April). Introducing the Electronic Edition: First-Movers in the Newspaper Industry.
- Aprianingsih, A. (2012, December). The Kaleidoscope Career Model and Work Family Conflict: An Exploration Across Career Stages.
- Behnke, T. (2010, April). Knowledge Sharing at Work: An Examination of Organizational Antecedents.
- Carlock, B. (2008, May). A Model of Public-Private Partnership Success: Case Studies of Partnerships Between U.S. Army Installations and Private Firms.
- Coe, M. (2013, April). Intention to Sit for the CPA Examination: An Investigation of Cost, Exam, Support and Career Factors.
- Delaney, J. (2005, December). The Impact of Ethics Education on the Reasoning Ability of Accounting Students.
- Doyle, S. (2005, May). The Role of Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Volunteer Organizations.
- Dunne, B. J. (2013, November). The Employee Psyche at Work: A Model of How Psychological Contracts Moderate the Relationship Between Psychological Safety and Engagement.
- Duster, S. (2010, April). Factors that Motivate Protégés to Participate in Formal Mentoring: Do Motivated Protégés Report Higher Mentoring Effectiveness?
- Eaton, D. (2008, December). An Investigation of Generational Differences in Job Satisfaction in a Bureaucratic Environment.
- Ebener, D. (2007, April). The Servant Parish: A Case Study of Servant Leadership and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors in High-Performing Catholic Parishes.
- Edenborg, M. (2013, April). The Effect of Type of Education on an Individual's Self Employment Choice: Comparison of Vocational and College Education.
- Franklin, J. (2006, May). Successful Implementation of Technology Projects in the Steel Industry: The Effects of Technology Acceptance, Organizational Culture and Leadership.
- George, S. (2014, May). Perceptions of Top Management Team Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility: An Exploration of the Relationship with Employee Engagement.
- Graham, J. (2012, May). Same Goal, Different Day: The Moderating Effect of Experience on the Goal Difficulty - Performance Relationship in a Repetitive Goal Setting Environment.
- Haack, D. (2006, May). Family Status and the Workplace: An Investigation of Job Satisfaction, Role Salience, Role Conflict and Coping Strategies.
- Harb, S. (2011, May). Employee Engagement: The Impact of Intervention Methods.
- Hechtel, K. (2010, April). An Examination of the Social Capital Requirements for the Selection, Training, Performance, and Retention of Industrial Sales Personnel.
- Herlein, M. (2009, December). An Examination of Managerial Competencies and Their Relationship to Performance.
- Hibbeler, P. (2008, April). Communities that Accept or Resist Supercenters: A Comparison of Cultural Differences.
- Jayne, R. (2008, May). Experienced Business Angels: What They Know, Who They Know, and How They Contribute to a Startup Firm's Performance.
- Juergens, S. (2012, August). Experiential Learning: How the Utility of Experiential Learning Within a MBA Course Enables Transfer of Learning.
- Kleine, R. (2013, December). Formal Mentoring Relationships: An Examination of Processes, Mentor Rank, and Protégé Satisfaction.
- Kuznia, K. (2006, May). The Antecedents and Influences of Career Related Continuous Learning: Implications for Management Professionals.
- Logan, N. (2004, December). Effects of Environment and Organizational Context on Opportunity Recognition by Employees of For-Profit Organizations: A Comparison of State-Level Banks and BioScience Companies.
- McCallum, S. (2008, May). An Examination of Internal and External Networking Behaviors and Their Relationship to Career Success and Work Attitudes.
- Murphy, C. (2008, May). Antecedents of Job Search Success for NAFTA-Eligible Dislocated Workers.
- Parise, M. (2005, May). Formal Mentoring Programs: The Relationship of Program Design to Mentor Perceptions of Benefits and Cost.
- Quinlan, T. (2005, May). The Efficacy of Health Care Quality Initiatives in a Single Hospital System.
- Rothbardt, J. (2012, April). Applicant Attraction to Socially Responsible Corporations: The Moderating Effect of Core Self-Evaluation.
- Rouse, P. (2004, May). Technology Acceptance and Sensemaking: Exploring the Antecedents and Moderating Trigger Conditions Related to Perceived Usefulness and Perceived Ease of Use.
- Schmidt, H. (2010, April). An Examination of Service Learning and the Development of Work-Related Skills in Undergraduate Business Students.
- Siebert, D. (2008, April). An Investigation of Intergenerational Workplace Conflicts and Managerial Responses.
- Simmons, J. (2012, December). The Kaleidoscope Career Model: An Investigation of Authenticity, Balance, and Challenge and Their Relationship with Networking Behavior.
- Styvaert, M. (2011, May). Core Self-Evaluations: A Malleable Disposition?
- Sundberg, L. (2003, May). The Relationship Between Proactive Coping Skills and Personal and Organizational Outcomes.
- Thurman, C. (2003, May). The Effect of a Collective, Formal, Serial Socialization Program for Recalled Employees on Employee Behavior and Attitudes.
- Vaske, A. (2008, November). The Relationship Between Motivation to Volunteer and Cultural Preference A Study of a Youth Development Organization.
- Wade, M. (2008, December). Getting Off The Ground: Factors Related to Protégés' Initiation of Mentoring Relationships With Their Formal Mentors.
- Zama, A. (2012, May). Corporate Elites - How They Came to Be: An Analysis of TMT Composition Change Following CEO Succession.