1. Intellectual growth in a supportive and friendly community of students and faculty.
2. A curriculum that focuses on engaging reading and fulfilling writing with a wide range of electives.
3. Writing courses that focus on both professional and creative writing.
4. Literature ranging from Anglo-Saxon to contemporary writers, both "the" greats and the lesser-known greats.
5. Teaching and advising that focuses on each student as an individual.
6. Quercus, the St. Ambrose literary and creative arts journal.
7. Internship and study-abroad opportunities.
8. A focus on aesthetic experience that encourages personal reflection and spiritual growth.
9. Great preparation for law, business, teaching, and a wide variety of career paths.
10. An education that prepares you to use words to change your world.