The Master of Education in Teaching program is designed to enhance the skills, knowledge and dispositions of licensed teachers through the delivery of a standards-based curriculum that focuses on professional teaching outcomes as identified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
The goals of the St. Ambrose Master of Education in Teaching program are based on the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
A teacher will:
- Demonstrate ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school district achievement goals.
- Demonstrate competence in content knowledge appropriate to teaching position.
- Demonstrate competence in planning and preparing for instruction.
- Use strategies to deliver instruction that meets the multiple learning needs of students.
- Use a variety of methods to monitor student learning.
- Demonstrate competence in classroom management.
- Engage in professional growth.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities established by the school district.