- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate grade point average of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Post-baccalaureate ministry experience.
- Submit a St. Ambrose University graduate application online
- Request an official copy of the complete transcript from the institution granting the bachelor's degree be sent directly to the program director. Also request transcripts of any graduate coursework be sent to the university.
- Request that two letters of recommendation, written by persons who have either supervised or worked with the prospective student in ministry, be sent to the program director.
- Application and transcripts should be on file at least one month before registering for classes.
After the application materials have been received and reviewed by the Admissions Committee, the student will be asked to interview with a member of the Admissions Committee and/or with the counselor advisor to the Admissions Committee. The student will then be notified of the admission decision.
Enrollment in Individual Courses
An individual may take courses in the Master of Pastoral Theology program as a special student, non-credit, for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Contact the program director for details.