The requirements for the MSITM are divided into three components: computer core, business core, and electives. The minimum required graduate credit hours is 36 but most students take 39-42 credit hours.
All courses listed below are 3 credit hours. While the MSITM program is management oriented, MSITM students are expected to be familiar with a high-level programming language (Java is preferred).
Computer Core: 15 credits required
- CSCI 560 Data Management
- CSCI 570 Advanced Computer Networks and Data Communications (Prerequisite: CSCI 270 or equivalent)
- CSCI 600 Systems Analysis in the Enterprise
- CSCI 650 Project Management and Control
- CSCI 640 Legal and Ethical Issues of Computing
Business Core: 9 credits required. Take one course from each skill area.
- People Skills
- MBA 690 Leadership Through People Skills
- MOL 529 Conflict Resolution
- MBA/MOL 621 Human Behavior in Organizations
- Organizational Skills
- MBA 605 Integrative Organizational Theories and Business Systems
- MBA 785 Human Resource Management
- Anayltical Skills
- MBA 606 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 670 Operations Management
Electives: 12 credits required, with at least 9 credits selected from the following CSCI courses (with program director's permission, student may elect to take one 3 credit class from another St. Ambrose graduate-level program):
- CSCI 515 Computer and Network Security (Prerequisite: CSCI 270 or equivalent)
- CSCI 630 Information Assurance
- CSCI 660 Computers and Commerce
- CSCI 740 Management of Information Technology
- CSCI 780 Advanced Topics in Information Systems
- CSCI 790 Research (may be repeated up to 6 credit hours)
Optional: Recommended for those seeking career change or for enhancement of experience base.
- CSCI 775 Professional Internship (1 credit)