In completing degree requirements, all Mathematics Majors will:
1) Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge appropriate for a bachelor's degree in mathematics
2) Persevere in modeling and solving routine, non-routine, and applied problems, using appropriate resources strategically
3) Demonstrate the ability to learn mathematics independently by locating and assimilating technical material
4) Communicate mathematical ideas using proper terms and symbols
5) Write concise and rigorous mathematical proofs
Mathematics majors will:
6) Appreciate the career and educational opportunities for mathematics majors
Mathematics Education majors will:
7) Critically consume and apply research and local/state/national standards in mathematics education to plan, deliver, and evaluate effective instruction.
For more information or to schedule an informational appointment, contact the Math Department at 563/333-6160.