St. Ambrose has many financial aid opportunities for students with a special talent in music. In addition to need-based financial packages, the Music Department has scholarship and financial aid opportunities available to music majors and all talented SAU music students, regardless of major.
Typically, the Music Department awards more than $170,000 in grants annually to students who audition for its faculty. Awards are fully renewable every year until graduation.
At your audition you must:
1. Provide one copy of their piece(s) to the committee at the time of the audition. It will be returned at the conclusion of the performance.
2. Bring your own accompanist; otherwise, the department will provide one. If you will be using a Music department accompanist, you must provide a copy of your music one week in advance.
3. Limit your repertoire to 15 minutes. Longer pieces may be performed, but the committee may wish to hear only certain sections in such cases.
Music scholarship students are required to study during their first four semesters with a St. Ambrose faculty member on their instrument/voice and are required to be enrolled in the major ensemble of their discipline (Symphonic Band, Orchestra or University Chorale) for the duration of their scholarship award period.
The Music Scholarship Application helps us learn about you and your music background.
As you are completing the Music Scholarship Application, keep the following tips in mind:
• You will be able to indicate your preference for an audition time or send us your audition through YouTube (with the help of your school music director or private lesson teacher).
• If you choose a preferred audition date, you will receive an email confirming the time.
• If you choose the YouTube method, you will be sent an email with more instructions.
• Review the Audition Requirements
For More Information