1. Our class-sizes are small, so students get individual attention.
2. Faculty are accessible and welcome interaction with students.
3. Our program combines the best of Liberal Arts (Theory) with applied (Practice) Learning.
4. Our program offers opportunities for hands-on learning experiences through internships.
5. We have a diverse faculty with a wide range of educational and career backgrounds. Many of our faculty have worked as police officers, in corrections or in the courts.
6. Students can choose to specialize in one of the three main branches of the criminal justice system: the police, the courts or corrections.
7. Criminal Justice is an academic degree, with the prestige of a bachelor's degree from a Liberal Arts university (as opposed to vocational training).
8. Criminal Justice majors at SAU who want to proceed to law school or graduate school are well-trained in writing and critical thinking.
9. Even though we don't promise jobs upon graduation, our graduates have excellent rates of moving into jobs in the Criminal Justice system, or toward getting advanced degrees.
10. We offer students opportunities to get involved in applied research.