The Michael Kennedy Theatre Scholarship is an annual, one-time scholarship for a First Year or Transfer student majoring in theatre at St. Ambrose.
Regardless of whether you complete the application online or on paper, you will need the following:
- Your resume
- One letter of recommendation (pdf) from someone who knows you and your work
- A copy of your high school or college transcript
- A 250-word essay on "The Importance of Theatre in the World and Why I Want to be Involved"
If you complete the application materials on paper, mail them to Corinne Johnson, SAU Theatre Dept., 518 W. Locust St., Davenport, Iowa, 52803.
The applicant must embrace all or most of the following criteria:
- a diligent work ethic
- a truthfulness/honesty in his/her work and daily life
- a dedication to his/her art
- a willingness to be a productive and loyal member of a team/ensemble
- a sense of humanity and civic responsibility
- the ability to juggle classroom responsibilities and production demands with success and grace.
- a great appreciation for humor