Blackboard's Mobile LearnTM for iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch; Android; Palm; and BlackBerry devices lets you take your course information with you.
5 Easy Steps for Getting Started
- Visit the App Store in iTunes, Palm App Catalog, or Google Play (formerly Android Market) and search for Blackboard Mobile LearnTM
- Download the free app
- Open the app
- Enter St. Ambrose University in the field provided
- Login with your St. Ambrose ID and password (this will be the same ID and password used for everything on Blackboard)
Things you can do with Mobile LearnTM
- Check grades
- Post discussion threads to the Discussion Board
- Read assignments
- View student roster
- View PDFs, Powerpoint, Word documents, and other documents posted on Blackboard
- Listen to mp3s posted in classes
- View handouts, assignments, files, videos, blogs, and images posted in classes
Watch the video for instructions of all of the above points.
Limitations of Blackboard Mobile LearnTM
- Blackboard Mobile LearnTM does not allow users to upload content to Blackboard; it is designed for viewing only.
- Due to Blackboard Mobile LearnTM being designed for viewing content only, students should not try to submit assignments or take test or quizzes in Mobile Learn. Instead, use the browser on your computer.
- Depending on the device, some features (such as Flash video, Java-based video, and Quicktime video) may not work correctly.
How much will Blackboard Mobile LearnTM cost?
The app is free to download, however if you access your Blackboard units off campus, you may be charged your mobile data rates.
What website do I download the app from?
Blackboard Mobile LearnTM is available in the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Can I download files from Blackboard Mobile LearnTM?
Yes. Common file types such as Word, PDF and PowerPoint will open automatically on your device.
Can I upload files or assignments?
Yes, but only if the files are images or videos.
Can I play multimedia content?
Currently the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch do not play Adobe Flash. You will need to check your device to see what types of multimedia it will play successfully.
Can I post blogs, wikis, or journals through this app?
Can I take tests or quizzes on Blackboard Mobile LearnTM?
No. It is not suggested to do such activities using mobile devices. Students should use a compatible browser and computer.
Where can I go for help with the Blackboard Mobile LearnTM?