What's all the buzz about winning a t-shirt from another college or university? Well, it's true. The Bee Fit T-shirt Trek is a wellness program that allows you to win a t-shirt from other schools nationwide.
- The purpose of the Bee Fit T-shirt Trek is to promote awareness of and participation in healthy activities.
- A few years ago, Campus Recreation asked colleges and universities from across the country to donate a t-shirt from their respective Recreation Sports programs. The response was tremendous!
- Participants who sign up for the program will choose a school's shirt (available in the Campus Recreation Office). Then the participant will exercise the actual mileage it would take to travel from St. Ambrose University to that college or university. When the participant documents and submits the required mileage, the t-shirt is theirs to keep.
- Campus Recreation will provide a conversion chart and instructions about how to track the mileage online to help participants keep a record of weekly exercise/activities. In addition, Campus Recreation will provide a free pedometer to participants.
- T-shirts are limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. In addition, once someone has signed up for a shirt, that shirt is no longer available to others.
- How long does it take to complete the program? That depends on how many miles you have to track. There is no time limit. Some will complete the program during the academic year while others will take longer. Student participants have until they graduate to complete their "trip!"
- Participants can begin selecting shirts now in the Campus Recreation Office.