All St. Ambrose faculty and staff members are expected to use campus parking lots if space is available. Parking for faculty and staff is available in one of two designated lots in Zone 1 or any lot in Zone 2 with a current faculty/staff parking permit. A permit does not guarantee that space will be available, but instead gives the owner the right to park if space is available. Always check with the Security Office if you are unsure whether a particular parking area on campus is restricted.
- Faculty/Staff lots in Zone 1 are located north of the Rogalski Center and south of Galvin Hall, and both are marked with signs at the entrance. These lots are available only to faculty and staff from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Zone 1 is defined as all student parking lots bounded by Locust St., Gaines St., Lombard St., and Harrison St. permits are required in these lots 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- Zone 2 is defined by the parking lots West of Gaines St. (including the lot at Locust St. and Marquette St. Permits are required in these lots Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. All Zone 2 lots are also open to faculty and staff.
View or download a campus map with parking lot designations
Special Parking Provisions
- Reserved spaces are parking area defined by sign in front of the space that identifies it. Examples of these would be Resident Priest, President, Vice President, Chapel parking. Unless otherwise labeled these spaces may be enforced 24 hours per day 7 days per week and may only be used by the person identified on the sign.
- Bookstore lot is located in Zone 1 and may only be used by current patrons of the bookstore who are actively shopping or using the coffee shop. If you receive a citation while shopping or eating in the bookstore please immediately take it to the register so that it can be stamped and voided. Any citation appealed without the bookstore stamp will not be approved.
Campus Security provides a walking escort 24 hours per day 7 days per week from any campus location to any other campus location. Call 563/333-6104 to request an escort.