Campus Ministry Bulletin Online
All SAU students, faculty, and staff receive a copy of the Campus Ministry bulletin each week in their email inboxes. However, you can also keep up to date on the bulletin online, as well as see past issues from the current year. Know what's happening in Campus Ministry and at St. Ambrose throughout the year! Bulletin is updated in time for every weekend. Find the bulletin online here.
Winter Break Schedule
Please observe the following changes to the Chapel mass calendar. The changes go into effect beginning Wednesday, Dec 10, throughout Winter Term break.
-There is a mass for the Third Sunday of Advent celebrated at 5:00pm on Saturday, Dec 13 in the Chapel.
-There are no Sunday masses celebrated from Dec 14 - Jan 4.
-10:30am mass resumes on Jan 11; 6:30pm mass returns on Jan 25.
-Daily mass ends for the fall semester with the Candlelight mass on Tuesday, Dec 9 at 9:00pm.
-There are no daily masses in the Chapel from Dec 10 - Jan 13.
-Daily mass returns with 9:15pm mass on Wednesday, Jan 14.
From all of us in Campus Ministry, have a safe, restful, and blessed Winter Break!
Mass Schedule for the Academic Year
10:30am & 6:30pm
Monday and Friday - 12 Noon
Tuesday and Thursday - 4:30pm
Wednesday Mass and More - 9:15pm
NO CLASS, NO MASS - Please make note: If classes are cancelled on a Friday, there will be no 10:30am mass that following Sunday (such as Fall Break). Likewise, if classes are cancelled on a Monday, there will be no 6:30pm mass that preceeding Sunday (such as Labor Day or MLK Day). Exceptions will be posted.
Advent at Ambrose
Sunday, November 30 is the first Sunday of Advent. Advent is not only a season of preparation for Christmas - it acknowledges our need to be constantly vigilant for the Lord's return, "waiting in joyful hope." Here are ways you can make it a joyful season of hope:
- Pick up a copy of the Daily Meditation Booklets by Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP. They are available in the Chapel Gathering Space, and in the window space by the Rogalski Center Post Office.
- Take advantage of opportunities for Daily Mass in Christ the King Chapel. Monday/Friday at 12 noon, Tuesday/Thursday at 4:30pm, Wednesday at 9:15pm.
- Spend some time in prayer to begin Advent with Late Night Adoration on Monday, December 1 at 9:00pm. A wonderful time to reflect and begin the season. Come join us for prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Take part in the Advent Communal Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Wednesday, December 3 at 8:30pm in Christ the King Chapel. A short service of prayer is followed by the opportunity for individual confession to one of the priests who are present.
- A special Lessons and Carols service will take place on Saturday, December 6 at 7:00pm in the Chapel. Come join in a time of reflection on scriptures for the season, with music featuring the University Chorale and Chamber Singers.
- Celebrate the Feast of St. Ambrose Mass with us on Sunday, December 7 at 10:30am in the Chapel. Presider and homilist will be Most Rev. Martin Amos, Bishop of Davenport, and music led by a combined choir of SAU Chamber Singers and Music Ministry. The McMullen Awards will also be presented to Joe, '72 and Joyce O'Rourke, and John '58 and Helen '57 Morrissey. Come celebrate our patron saint!
- Plan to take part in the Student Candlelight Mass preceding Midnight Breakfast on Tuesday, December 9 at 9:00pm. In the chapel, filled with light from candles held by students, we celebrate the mystery, the joy, and the hope Christ's birth has brought to our world.