• Students following this degree plan will earn the Associate Degree in Science prior to transfer to SAU.
• The St. Ambrose Industrial Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET). The course requirements, quality of instruction and the control of the curriculum meet or exceed nationally established requirements.
• To graduate with a B.S. in Industrial Engineering, SAU requires a minimum GPA of 2.50 for all semester credits used to satisfy major requirements. A grade of "C" or better must be received in all MATH courses to be awarded credit.
• Engineering Seminars (ENGR 201, 301 and 401) are required for all engineering majors and should be taken by the time a student has completed approximately 50, 75, and 100 percent, respectively, of the engineering course requirements.
• A maximum of 64 community college credits will be applied toward the semester hours required for SAU graduation; however, some hours beyond the limit accepted may be used to meet degree requirements or course prerequisites. The SAU Registrar has the final authority for accepting credit for transfer.
• Students attending continuously but on a part-time basis are expected to complete the requirements within eight years.
REQUIRED COURSES - The following courses should be included within the AA/AS Degree.
First Year - Scott Community College Courses
|ENG 105 or 107 Composition I||3||ENG 106 or 108 Composition II||3||Cultural and Historical Perspective||3|
|MAT 210 Calculus I||4||MAT 216 Calculus II||4|
|EGR 160 Intro to Engineering||3||CHM 165 General Chemistry I||4|
|Arts and Humanities||3||PHY 212 Classical Physics I||5|
|CSC 110 Intro to Computers||3|
Second Year - Scott Community College Courses
|MAT 227 Differential Equations||4||MAT 156 Statistics||3||ECN 120 or 130 Economics||3|
|PHY 222 Classical Physics II||5||MAT 219 Calculus III||4|
|EGR 180 Statics||3||EGR 280 Dynamics||3|
|SPC 112 Speech||3||EGR 380 Deformable Bodies||3|
|EGR 290 Thermodynamics||3||Arts and Humanities||3|
|Total SCC Program Hours = 72|
Third Year - St. Ambrose University Courses
|ENGR 112 Engineering Graphics||4||ENGR 265 Engineering Economy||3||ENGR 450 Professional Experience||1|
|IE 305 Industrial Engineering Methods||2||ENGR 270 Materials Science||2|
|IE 335 Quality Control and Reliability||3||IE 340 Ergonomics and Occupational Safety||3|
|Philosophy/Theology Elective||3||IE 360 Introduction to Simulation||3|
|ENGR 201 Engineering Service||0||ENGR 301 Engineering Participation||0|
|Kin 149 Health and Wellness||1||Math 290 Linear Algebra||3|
|*Foreign Language||3||*Foreign Language||3|
Fourth Year - St. Ambrose University Courses
|ENGR 296 Manufacturing Processes||4||IE 351 Industrial Engineering Design Laboratory||3|
|IE 350 Operations Planning||3||IE 409 Operations Research||3|
|IE 391 Operations Research Probability Models||3||Theology/Philosophy 300+||3|
|IE 403 Design Fundamentals||3||IE 490 Industrial Engineering Senior Design||3|
|IE 415 Systems Integration and Design||3||ENGR 401Exit Survey||0|
|Total Program Hours SCC/SAU - 72/62=134|
*Three years of foreign language in high school fulfills Foreign Language requirement.