The Behavioral Intervention Team (B.I.T) provides a coordinated analysis and response plan to high risk student concerns and critical incident reports in order to advocate for student well-being and maintain campus safety.
Behavioral Intervention Team
Timothy Phillips, Dean of Students
Robert Christopher, Director of Security
Steve Tendall, Director of Counseling
Filing A Report
Reports of concerning, but currently non-emergency nature, may be submitted by email or phone contact with one of the team members above. If you deem information regarding a certain individual to be an EMERGENCY please contact St. Ambrose Security Office 563-333-6104 or call 911 immediately.
The Team meets regularly and every report will be viewed within 24 hours of being submitted to begin the review process.
Behaviors that should be reported to B.I.T include but are not limited to:
· Disruptive behavior
· Possession of a weapon
· Conduct violations
· Hostile, violent, or aggressive behaviors
· Alarming references to firearms, bombs, or shootings
· Acts or statements motivated by hatred or discrimination
· Alcohol or drug abuse
· Drastic, unexpected changes in behaviors
· Expressing thoughts of doing harm to self or others
· Significant changes in attendance or academic performance