Before you apply for financial aid, make sure you have sent in your complete application for admission, including supporting material (test scores, official transcripts, etc.).
Financial Aid Application Process
- As soon as possible after Jan. 1, complete the FAFSA. You must do this online. To have the results sent to St. Ambrose University, enter our federal school code: 001889.
- St. Ambrose's priority deadline for financial aid is March 15. This means students who submit the FAFSA by March 15 will get priority consideration for money administered by SAU.
- Iowa residents will want to submit the FAFSA by July 1 to be considered for State of Iowa scholarships and/or the Iowa Tuition Grant.
- Once your FAFSA has been processed, we will email and send you a paper copy of your award letter describing your financial aid package. No acceptance of your award is needed. Simply follow the instructions on your award letter or visit the Award Letter website. All returning St. Ambrose students may view awards on Beeline. If you borrowed loans in the previous year, they will be processed automatically for the amount on your award, unless you notify us of any changes.
- If your award letter includes a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized or PLUS Loan, please go to the Student Loan page to learn more.
For more information email the Financial Aid Office or call us at 563/333-6314.