tracking pixel
Financial Aid Office



Summer Financial Aid

Summer financial aid is not automatically awarded to students. You must request summer financial aid by completing a Summer Loan Request Form (pdf). There is no institutional aid for summer sessions. 

However, if you are enrolled during the summer for at least half-time (6 hours for an undergraduate or 3 hours for a graduate level), you may be eligible for Federal Direct Loans.

  • Make sure you have filed your FAFSA for the current academic year. We will need this information to process your loan.
  • The amount of loan you request may not be the amount you are eligible for. Eligibility for an undergraduate student will be determined by the amount of loans borrowed previously in the academic year. Eligibility for the year may have been exhausted.

If you aren't enrolled at least half-time, you may consider taking a Private Alternative Loan to pay for your class. Visit our Private Alternative Loan page for more information on Private Loans.