You've got your award letter. Now what? Please follow these easy steps:
- You must read and understand the factors that may affect your financial aid. Click here to review the award terms.
- You must maintain satisfactory progress towards your degree. Changes in your enrollment will also affect your financial aid. Click here to review the Satisfactory Progress Policy.
- It is not necessary to formally "accept" your award letter, we will assume you want the awards you have been given. However, if you would like to decline any or all of your awards, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 563/333-6314.
- If there is a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan listed on your award letter, be sure you follow through with the Direct Loan Process. Students returning to St. Ambrose for a subsequent term may skip this step if they have already borrowed Direct Loans before.
- If there is a Perkins Loan listed on your award letter, be sure you follow through with the Perkins Loan Process.
What to Look for on an Award Letter
If these types of awards are the only thing listed on your award letter, then there is nothing else you need to do. Acceptance of these awards is assumed and they will automatically be posted to your student account accordingly.
If you have work study listed on your award letter, you will need to contact the Career Center in order to apply for a position.
If you have a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan listed on your award letter you will need to complete the Direct Loan Process in order to receive those funds if you haven't already done so. Federal Perkins Loans are processed through the Student Accounts Office. Visit the Perkins page for more information.