Scholarships and grants provide funds to help you meet your educational expenses during your undergraduate career at St. Ambrose. You may be eligible for a scholarship or grant on the basis of your strong academic performance in high school or at a previous college, your talent in the fine arts or athletics, or your demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal grant information can be found at http://www.finaid.org.
Special graduate level scholarships and grants may be available. Please check with your master's or doctoral program director for details.
Undergraduate institutional scholarships and grants
Each institutional grant or scholarship has individual criteria for amounts awarded and some may have GPA requirements to stay eligible. We have an off-campus institutional cap of $8,000 and an on-campus cap of $12,000 effective for the 2013–14 academic year. If you change your housing, your award will be revised accordingly.
The Admissions Office determines the amount of these awards based on a ranking calculated using high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
All amounts are for students entering St. Ambrose in the 2014-15 academic year.
- Ambrose Scholar: Full tuition (for high school students only, on campus residents only). May be offset by state and/or federal aid if eligible. For high school students only. Students qualifying for the Trustees Scholars who have been admitted prior to December 31 are eligible to compete for one of 10 Ambrose Scholar awards. Contact the Admissions Office at 563/333-6300 for additional details regarding applying for this scholarship.
- Trustees Scholars: $20,000 per year (for high school students only, on campus residents only). Qualifications: 30+ ACT/1320+ SAT (critical reading and math only) and straight A's for the first six semesters in high school. May be offset by state and/or federal aid if eligible.
- Presidential Scholar: $17,000 (for high school students only, on campus residents only). Qualifications: 26+ ACT/1170+ SAT (critical reading and math only) and earn a 3.8 GPA or above in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale).
- University Scholarship: $10,000 minimum per year. Based on high school GPA and ACT/SAT score.
- University Grant: $6,500 minimum per year. Based on high school GPA and ACT/SAT score.
- Fine Arts Scholarships: Award based on performance and ability in art, music, or theatre. Includes the Michael Kennedy Theatre Scholarship.
- Athletic Scholarships: Award varies. Based on performance and ability.
- Freeman Pollard Minority Scholarship: Award varies. For accepted minority students who participate in Freeman Pollard Minority Scholarship Day.
- Alumni Fr. Welch Scholarship: $1,000/year. For on campus students only whose parent is a St. Ambrose graduate.
Undergraduate academic scholarship awards for transfer students are also available.