- To search positions, click here.
- Click the gray SEARCH button; this will show a list of all positions available.
- To see a full description of the job and/or apply, click on the position you are interested in.
- Click APPLY NOW at the bottom of the page. You will then be prompted to create an account.
Login with your username and password which enables you to:
Job Title: Store Manager II
Location: Davenport, IA 52803
Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management at the St. Ambrose University Bookstore in Davenport, Iowa. In this role, the Store Manager is responsible for managing all functions of the bookstore including budgets and financial goals, service levels, policy administration, employment, supervision and development of store staff, maintenance of sales and inventory records. This role will also offer maximum exposure to all levels of management, including Regional Managers, and Group Vice Presidents in daily operations of the business. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader at a premier campus location, and want to pursue a rewarding career path, consider joining Follett, where employees are considered the cornerstone of Follett's business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Manages and supervises store personnel including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, associate performance and salary reviews.
• Prepares and implements detailed plans for each department in regards to scheduling, budgets, floor plans, and staffing for Rush.
• Provides input on budget estimates for the year and analyzes store financials to determine store and department performance and adjusts unfavorable categories.
• Approves and analyzes store markups, markdowns and write-offs to ensure they are within company guidelines.
• Interfaces with customers, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and Home Office staff to exchange information.
• Provides outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base including faculty, students and staff.
• Builds on campus relationship with and works hand in hand with campus police regarding store security, employees, customers or store assets. Ensures the safety of company funds, assets, personnel, customers and property and adherence of policies.
• Seeks input from Regional Manager in developing saleable inventory plans to maintain proper levels to meet customer demand.