The American Business Experience is designed for MBA-level or highly motivated upper-level undergraduate students who seek to acquire an experience of American business. The topics will include:
- Effective corporate strategies in American business and industry
- Best practices in American industrial production and operations
- Managing innovation and growth in American corporations
- Retail and marketing strategies in American industry
- Key components of American operations management
- The major historical trends of US business growth
- The most effective contemporary methods in American finance
- The most efficient American accounting practices
- The top methods in American human resource management
The program will consist of approximately 50% conference sessions and 50% field visits to area businesses.
This program is not for academic credit. Upon successful completion, participants will earn a Certificate of Completion from St. Ambrose University.
- Local transportation to and from airport and field visits
- Furnished on-campus housing
- Lunches provided
- Welcome Reception and Closing Ceremony banquet
- Access to computer labs and library
- Special events, including a Memorial Day Weekend filled with activities.
- 2-day Chicago trip
- Certificate of Completion
Once you are accepted into the program, you will receive a formal acceptance letter from St. Ambrose University. Please be sure to apply for your passport immediately!
Application information for the 2015 ABE will be available in Fall 2014.
Please contact Dr. Arun Pillutla, Professor of Managerial Studies and Director of the ABE Program.