The Technical Services Department at the Library is located on the first floor. The primary responsibilities of Technical Services are:
- Ordering and/or purchasing of all books, continuations and other materials requested by academic departments for inclusion in the the Library's collection
- Cataloging of all new and gift books according to rules and standards set forth in the Anglo-American Cataloging Rules
- Incorporation of all cataloged records into the online public access catalog (RiverShare)
- Processing all books and media in preparation for circulation and shelving
- Mending and repair of books
- Maintenance of the Library collection shelf list which reflects the Library's inventory
- Informing the campus community of all new materials received
Eliza Gillies, Acquisitions Assistant
Located in the Technical Services area of the library, Acquisitions assists faculty in ordering books and videos to be added to the Library's collection. The CHOICE magazine is available in the Library for those looking for book reviews. CHOICE may also be accessed online.
There are several ways in which to submit book orders to the Acquisitions Department:
- Online book order forms may be filled out and sent in.
- Paper book order forms may be completed and sent to the acquisitions office.
- Orders or suggestions for purchase may be sent to the appropriate liaison librarian.
There are two deadlines for submitting book orders. The first deadline is near the end of the Fall semester and the second semester deadline is usually midway into the Spring semester. All faculty are notified of the deadline dates.
online book order form
online video order form
book order form (pdf)
video order form (pdf)