10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Rogalski Center Ballroom
Make sure you are ready for your job/internship search by attending Career Boot Camp!
Contact: Kimberly Matteson, 563/333-6342
How to Register for Events
1. Log-in to BeeCAREERS
2. Click on Events Tab
3. Select Workshops Tab
4. Open Session Link or Links (You must register for each session seperately)
5. RSVP for Session
• 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Speed Interviewing: In an ever-competitive job market students have to work harder to stand out from the crowd - introducing Speed Interviewing. Students rotate five times with local Quad City Professionals around stations "practicing" classic job interview questions ("What's your biggest weakness?") and behavioral based interview questions ("Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer"). LIMIT OF 40 STUDENTS PER DAY.
• 10:30 - 11:00 AM Networking Basics: Everyone keeps telling you that you need to network to find a job/internship, but what does that really mean and how do you actually do it? Find out networking basics and then put them into action during lunch with local QC Employers. Presented by a local QC Employer.
• 11:00 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 2:00 PM Professionalism in the Workplace: Make sure you are ready to make a great impression on the first day of your internship or full-time job. Hear first-hand from a QC employer who hires many interns and recent grads on how to make a great impression on day one and throughout your career.
• 11:30 - 12:00 PM and 2:00 - 2:30 PM Conducting a Job/Internship Search: Using Social Media and other Strategies: The A to Z of how to use- plus best tools within- your LinkedIn profile. You will learn tips and tricks to ensure that your LinkedIn account is being used to its fullest potential. Also, find out how to find the best opportunities and when to start. Please bring a laptop, if you have one, this will be an interactive presentation.
• 12:00 - 1:00 PM FREE FOOD: Every college student likes free food and every college student needs to network. Make sure you come for food and networking with local QC employers (attend the 10:30-11:00 AM session on networking for some tips that will help you sharpen your networking skills). LIMIT OF 75 STUDENTS PER DAY.
• 1:00 - 1:30 PM Student Panel: Find out from students who have successfully interned how to make the most out of your experience.
SAME DAY EVENTS (Please drop by for the following events, no registration required)
10:00 AM -- 3:00 PM
• Professional Photo Shoot: Come get some great photos taken for use on social media such as LinkedIn.
• Resume Drive Thru: 15 to 20 minute critiques of your resume from local employers and Career Center staff.