4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
McCarthy Hall (Formerly West Hall)
Join St. Ambrose University President Joan Lescinski, PhD, CSJ and Rev. Martin Amos, Bishop of the Diocese of Davenport, in the dedication of McCarthy Hall. A reception and tour of the building will follow the dedication.
Cost: No cost
RSVP to Sue Ferry at 563/333-6298 or FerrySusanM@sau.edu
McCarthy Hall will be dedicated on August 14 in recognition of Richard W. McCarthy '46.
A 1946 alumnus of St. Ambrose University, Richard McCarthy embodied the Ambrosian spirit, using his gifts and talents to enrich the lives of all those around him.
He was awarded a Purple Heart and four Bronze Stars for his World War II service at Utah Beach and the Battle of the Bulge.
McCarthy, who received his law degree from DePaul University, went on to found the law firm of McCarthy, Callas, Fuhr & Ellison, P.C. During a long career in private practice, he earned the respect and admiration of the legal community, yet his greatest satisfaction came from helping those in need.
Always an involved and active citizen, his contributions to the community and his alma mater, St. Ambrose University, will forever be commemorated in the lives of those impacted by his generosity.