McCarthy Hall was constructed in 2008 and provides apartment style housing for preferred housing students. Each apartment houses four students and includes two bedrooms, a common living area, kitchen and bathroom. Some units house two students and include one bedroom, common living area, kitchen and bathroom. Total resident capacity is 96.
- A bunkable bed
- A couch and two chairs
- Two end tables and a coffee table
- Dressers, desks and closets
- Kitchen table and four chairs
- Microwave, stove and full-size refrigerator
- Carpeted floors
- ADA Accessible Rooms
- Wireless and ethernet hookups
- Community laundry facilities
Room layout and dimensions
- Download a PDF of a typical layout in McCarthy Hall
- PDF shows West Hall which was the name of McCarthy Hall prior to being renamed in dedication to Richard "Dick" McCarthy.
- Room dimensions: 12' x 14' (double room)
- McCarthy Hall is a dual purpose space with the top three floors as residential living and the bottom two floors as academic space. The building also offers a cardio pod equipped with workout equipment and a flat screen TV as well as an interfaith space, both located on the 1st floor of the building. The office of the residence life staff (working in the building) is located on the 1st floor of the building.