As a client, you have the following rights:
- To ask questions about your counselor's professional qualifications and experience.
- To be an active participant in decisions about counseling goals and strategies and to refuse any goals or strategies with which you do not agree.
- To review records in your file with your counselor. (Please note that only the counselor has access to your file, which contains notes by your counselor about the work you are doing together. Files are kept in a locked file cabinet and remain in the office at all times.)
- To have your counseling experience remain confidential within certain limits. (see policy on confidentiality)
- To end counseling at any time.