All St. Ambrose students are expected to use campus parking lots. Parking for students is available in lots designated Zone 1, Zone 2 or Zone 3 with the appropriate valid permit. A permit does not guarantee that space will be available, but instead gives the owner the right to park if space is available. Lot availability may be restricted based on campus events. Always check with the Security Office if you are unsure whether a particular parking area on campus is restricted.
- Zone 1 student parking lots are located nearer to most academic and residential buildings in the areas bounded by Locust, Gaines, Lombard, and Harrison Streets respectively. These permits are sold on a 1-to-1 basis (one permit per space), subject to availability. Only vehicles with Zone 1 permits may park in these lots 24 hours per day/7 days per week. Permits for this area are $120 per year or $60 per semester. All Zone 1 permit holders may also park in any Zone 2 lot.
- Zone 2 lots are located west of Gaines Street (including the lot at Locust and Marquette streets). Permits are required in these lots Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Permits for Zone 2 are $60 per year or $30 per semester. Zone 2 permit holders may not park in Zone 1 lots.
- Zone 3 is a free parking option available for students who only use their vehicles occasionally; not on a daily basis. This lot is located on the university's St. Vincent's Center property about four blocks north of campus, off of Central Park Avenue near the Gaines Street intersection. On-demand transportation to and from the Zone 3 will be provided free of charge via a Campus Security vehicle between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. From 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., transport will only be provided from (not to) this lot. Daily use of the lot is prohibited.
- Faculty/staff lots within the Zone 1 boundaries and Zone 2 lots are available to students from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m., Monday through Friday and all-day Saturday and Sunday, with or without a campus parking permit.
For more information about campus parking options contact Parking Manager Calvin Cooper, 563/333-6015.
View or download a campus map with parking lot designations
Special Parking Provisions
- Reserved spaces are parking area defined by sign in front of the space that identifies it. Examples of these would be Resident Priest, President, Vice President, Chapel parking. Unless otherwise labeled these spaces may be enforced 24 hours per day 7 days per week and may only be used by the person identified on the sign.
- Bookstore lot is located in Zone 1 and may only be used by current patrons of the bookstore who are actively shopping or using the coffee shop. If you receive a citation while shopping or eating in the bookstore please immediately take it to the register so that it can be stamped and voided. Any citation appealed without the bookstore stamp will not be approved.
- Program of Study parking provisions: Students in programs at the Center for Health Science Education and the Center for Communications and Social Development are prohibited from parking in the neighborhoods surrounding these buildings unless they live on the street in question or have written permission of a property owner. Students in these programs found parking in unauthorized areas are considered in violation of the Student Code of Conduct and may face consequences associated with their program's assessment of professional behaviors.
Graduate Assistant Parking
Graduate assistants are required to register and display a permit as outlined above, however, graduate assistants working 30 hours or more per week will be issued a complimentary Zone 2 permit with verification from a supervisor. Zone 1 parking is available to graduate assistants through the standard process and rate.
Campus Security provides a walking escort 24 hours per day 7 days per week from any campus location to any other campus location. Call 563/333-6104 to request an escort.