What you need to know to pay your bill
Semester study abroad students
- All students participating in a semester-long affiliate study abroad program will be charged a $300 Study Abroad Fee. This fee will be added to your total program cost.
- In most cases, St. Ambrose establishes direct billing relationships with our study abroad partners. The direct billing procedure makes it easier to allocate your financial aid to pay study abroad costs.
- You can expect to receive a bill from St. Ambrose University for your study abroad fees. You can pay your bill through Beeline or directly to Student Accounts. Monthly billing plans cannot be used to pay study abroad costs. The entire program fee must be paid in full prior to your departure.
- Once the full payment is received and financial aid is released, St. Ambrose will then pay our partner institution on your behalf. If you receive an invoice directly from the program provider, please contact the Center for International Education.
- If you withdraw from your study abroad program, you may not be entitled to a refund. Contact your program provider for specific information.
Short term study abroad students
The following refund policies apply to SAU short-term faculty-led programs only. Students participating in non-SAU programs should contact their program provider for more information.
- Students must submit a $500 application deposit to the Center for International Education by the application deadline. Payments are accepted in the form or cash, check or money order. Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University. Credit/debit cards are not accepted.
- Once the application deadline has passed, the deposit is non-refundable unless the program is cancelled or if you are not accepted.
- After you are accepted into an SAU faculty-led study abroad program, you must pay a commitment fee within three weeks after the application deadline. The commitment fee ranges from $750-$1,500 depending on the cost of plane tickets and other initial expenses. Turn in your commitment fee to the Center for International Education. This fee is non-refundable after its due date.
- The application deposit and commitment fee are applied to your total program costs.
- Your remaining balance is due prior to your departure and by the specified deadline. The final payment should be submitted to Student Account Services.
For questions regarding billing, please contact Student Accounts Services
or the Center for International Education