Your journey begins here
At the Center for International Education, we know that study abroad is not one size fits all. That's why we offer short-term, semester and year-long programs in a multitude of destinations around the world. In your study abroad advising session, we'll discuss your academic goals and personal needs to find the program that is right for you.
Follow these steps to begin the study abroad process.
- Define your goals. Before you choose a study abroad program, think about your personal, academic, and future career goals. What do you want to get out of your study abroad experience? How long do you want to be abroad? Do you have a particular destination in mind? Answering these questions first will help you narrow down your search.
- Browse our website. Read through this section and the FAQs for Students Considering Studying Abroad to learn more about eligibility requirements and the types of programs available.
- Research program options in the SAU Study Abroad Portal. Search by term, academic subject or location. The most important thing is to find the best match for you.
- Schedule an appointment. Once you have some programs in mind, or even if you just want some advice, contact the Center for International Education. We will discuss the different programs with you and can walk you through the application process.
- Plan ahead. Talk to your family, the Financial Aid Office and your academic advisor. They will be vital in helping plan your time abroad. Make sure you give yourself enough time to meet all application deadlines.
- Apply. Log on to the SAU Study Abroad Portal and apply for your program of choice.