This course is closed for the Summer 2012 term.
Course: International Studies, German, and International Business
Dates: June 1 - 30, 2012
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Price: $1,790 (tentative)
This four-week program includes a "Survival German & Culture" course, an elective course taught in English, cultural excursions and an opportunity to mix and mingle with local German students. Kaiserslautern is a city with a large American presence, but has many German cultural opportunities. Southwestern Germany is an ideal starting point for further exploration of the country and other European destinations.
What is included
- International medical insurance with trip delay coverage
What is not included
- Passport fee
- Personal baggage fees
- Flight (approximately $1,000 - $1,500)
- Accommodation *(220 Euro monthly rent)
- Refundable housing deposit (210 Euro)
- Social Contribution Fee at the University of Kaiserslautern** (210 Euro)
- Additional travel expenses
The International Office can help you find accommodation. Students normally stay in a shared suite in the Student Residence Hall (known as "Legoland"), which is located a short distance from campus. Suites include furniture (bed, closet, desk) and a shared kitchen & bathroom. Rent and the housing deposit are due upon arrival and will be paid to the landlord. The deposit is refundable if there is no damage to the room.
**Social contribution fee at the University of Kaiserslautern:
This amount is due upon arrival at the University. The social contribution fee includes:
- Student ID card
- Free public transportation in and around Kaiserslautern (bus & train)
- Computer/internet and printer usage (200 pages per month) on campus
- Reduced prices for meals on campus
How to apply
Complete the online application and submit a $500 application deposit to the Center for International Education by February 15, 2012.
Additional Application Requirements:
- Official Transcript (in addition to unofficial version submitted electronically)
- University of Kaiserslautern Application
- University of Kaiserslautern Authorization for Enrollment
- 2 Biometric photos + 2 passport-sized photos
- February 15, 2012: $500 application deposit due
- May 1, 2012: remaining balance due
- Submit $500 application deposit to the Center for International Education - 300 Ambrose Hall.
- Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- The application deposit is deducted from the total program cost.
- If you are not accepted, the application deposit is refundable.
- If you are accepted, this deposit is non-refundable after February 15.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Please submit your final payment to Student Account Services by May 1.
- The final payment is non-refundable after May 1.