This course is now accepting applications for the Spring 2015 term.
Course: BIOL 321, Special Topics in Field Biology (3 credits). This course will be added to your Spring 2015 schedule.
Instructor: Matt Halfhill, Associate Professor of Biology
Support Person: Amy Blair, Assistant Professor of Biology
Dates: March 7-15, 2015
Primary Location: San Pedro, Belize
Application deadline: August 31, 2014
This course is designed to study marine biology in the Caribbean ecosystem. Belize has one of the most pristine and accessible barrier reefs in the world. Belize Marine Tropical Research and Education Center (TREC) provides a field experience with multiple snorkeling dives per day allowing the opportunity to explore numerous marine environments.
What is included
- Share of Instructor/Support Person expenses
- Round-trip airfare and transfers from Moline to San Pedro
- Housing & food on site
- International health insurance
- Transportation in Belize
What is not included
- Food while traveling to/from Belize
- Snorkeling gear (fins, mask, snorkel)
- Personal baggage fees
- Souvenirs and spending money
How to apply
Application deadline - August 31, 2014
Step 1: Complete the online application.
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Return your completed Liability Form to 313 Ambrose Hall.
Step 3: Submit a $500 deposit to 313 Ambrose Hall (checks payable to St. Ambrose University)
Payment deadlines and instructions
- August 31, 2014: $500 deposit due
Turn in your deposit to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- September 30, 2014: $700 commitment fee due
Turn in your second payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- December 15, 2014: remaining balance due
Turn in your final payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SPRING 2015 term.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Spring semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after December 15.