Course: MGMT 399, Special Topics in International Management (3 credits) or +IS 210, Special Topics in International Studies (3 credits, fulfills a Humanities Gen Ed) or MBA 730. This course will be added to your Spring 2016 schedule.
Instructor: Allison Ambrose, Professor of Accounting
Support Person: Jason Senjem, Professor of Managerial Studies
Dates: March 10-20, 2016
Primary Locations: Rome, Italy (2 nights); Modena, Italy (1 night); Milan, Italy (5 nights); Venice, Italy (1 night)
Application deadline: November 1, 2015
This course will examine the cultural and business environment of Italy. Students will learn how businesses are run in Italy and will make comparisons to U.S. business practices. Students will make business visits and explore on their own the cities of Rome, Modena, Milan, and Venice.
What is included
- Three credits of tuition
- Share of Instructor/Support Person expenses
- Airport transportation to/from O'Hare Airport
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago to Italy
- Transportation within Italy
- Welcome dinner
- Farewell dinner
- Tours of Rome, Milan, and Venice
- Site visits of Italian businesses
- International health insurance
What is not included
- Passport fees
- Tourist attractions not included in the group itinerary
- Personal baggage fees
- Souvenirs and spending money
How to apply
Application deadline - November 1, 2015. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Return your completed Liability Form to the Center for International Education, Lower Cosgrove Hall
Step 3: Submit a $500 deposit to the Center for International Education, Lower Cosgrove Hall (checks payable to St. Ambrose University)
Commitment deadline-December 1, 2015
$1,000 commitment fee due. Pay using TouchNet. IF YOU DO NOT DECLARE IN WRITING YOUR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM BY THIS DATE, YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES INCURRED FOR YOU ON THIS PROGRAM.
Payment deadlines and instructions
- November 1, 2015: $500 deposit due
Turn in your deposit to the the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove).
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- December 1, 2015: $1,000 commitment fee due
Pay using TouchNet.
- February 1, 2016: remaining balance due
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University (pay to Student Accounts) or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SPRING 2016 term.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Spring semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after February 1.