This course is now accepting applications for the 2015 Spring Break term.
Course: INTL 399, Special Topics in International Business (3 credits) or +IS 310, Special Topics in International Studies (3 credits, fulfills a Humanities Gen Ed). This course will be added to your Spring 2015 schedule.
Instructor: Patrick O'Leary, Associate Professor of Managerial Studies
Support Person: Allison Ambrose, Professor of Accounting
Dates: March 6-15, 2015 (tentative)
Primary Locations: Milan, Italy (6 nights); Rome, Italy (2 nights)
Application deadline: November 21, 2014
Study in one of Europe's international business capitals. In this program, students will learn what makes Milan, Italy special as a European center for finance, commerce, and culture. Time also will be taken to visit Milan's many tourist sites, including paying homage to the university's patron, Saint Ambrose of Milan. The program will culminate with a two-night visit to Rome, one of the world's historic treasures.
What is included
- Share of Instructor/Support Person expenses
- Round-trip airfare from Moline to Italy
- Welcome event hosted by Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan
- Walking tour of Milan
- Visit to see Da Vinci's "Last Supper" painting
- International health insurance
- Site visits to local businesses
- Rail transportation from Milan to Rome
What is not included
- Passport fees
- Tourist attractions
- Personal baggage fees
- Souvenirs and spending money
- Airport transportation to Rome airport for departure to USA
How to apply
Application deadline - November 21, 2014. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Step 1: Complete the online application.
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Return your completed Liability Form to 313 Ambrose Hall.
Step 3: Submit a $500 deposit to 313 Ambrose Hall (checks payable to St. Ambrose University)
Payment deadlines and instructions
- November 21, 2014: $500 deposit due
Turn in your deposit to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- January 21, 2015: $1,000 commitment fee due
Turn in your second payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- March 1, 2015: remaining balance due
Turn in your final payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SPRING 2015 term.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Spring semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after March 1.