Informational Meetings: Wed. April 2 or Thurs. April 10 - 7pm in Lee Lohman 227S
This course is now accepting applications for the 2015 summer program.
Course: KIN 340-WI Nutrition Concepts (three credits). This course will be added to your Spring 2015 registration.
Instructor: Monica Taylor, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Prerequisites: KIN 149, English 101 (grade of C or better), BIO 101, 112 or 199 (grade of C or better)
Dates: May 10-24, 2015 (subject to change)
Location: London, England
Nutrition Concepts studies the relationship between food and the human body and its impact on growth and development, performance and general well-being.
Students will be able to compare and contrast U.S. nutrition standards and norms with those of people living in London. Nutrition fulfills a major requirement for all Human Performance/Fitness and Exercise Science majors.
What is included
- Round-trip airfare
- London pass (covers partial transportation in the city and some museum tickets)
- International medical insurance with trip delay coverage
What is not included
- Passport fees
- Personal baggage fees
- Souvenirs and spending money
How to apply
Application deadline - November 17, 2014
Step 1: Complete the online application.
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Return your completed Liability Form to the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove).
Step 3: Submit a $500 deposit to the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove). Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
Payment deadlines and instructions
- November 17: $500 deposit due.
Turn in your deposit to the Center for International Education - Lower Cosgrove.
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- December 17: $1,000 second payment due.
Turn in your second payment to the Center for International Education - Lower Cosgrove.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- March 16, 2015: final payment due.
Turn in your final payment to the Center for International Education - Lower Cosgrove
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SPRING 2015 term.
- If you are not accepted, or if the program is canceled, the initial deposit is refundable.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Spring semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost and are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.