Course: MOT 510, Special Topics in Occupational Therapy (3 credit hours)
Instructor: Dr. Christine Urish, Professor of Occupational Therapy
Dates: June 6 - June 30, 2016
Locations: Ilheus and Itabuna, Brazil
This course will provide an international experience to study differences in culture related to health, illness and social participation. Students will gain language skills (Portuguese) and develop interpersonal competence in working with individuals from a different cultural background in Ilheus & Itabuna, Bahia, Brazil.
What is included
- Tuition (covered under the one-price plan)
- Round-trip airfare from Moline to Ilheus
- Meals during home stay
- Field Trips
- Brazilian visa
- International medical insurance with trip delay coverage
What is not included
- Passport fee
- Immunizations (approximately $300)
- Personal baggage fees
- Meals during field trips
- Possible TB test upon return to the US (minimum $28)
How to apply
Application deadline - October 31, 2015.
Complete the online application.
Commitment deadline-December 15, 2015
$1,250 commitment fee due. Pay here by TouchNet. IF YOU DO NOT DECLARE IN WRITING YOUR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM BY THIS DATE, YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES INCURRED FOR YOU ON THIS PROGRAM.
Payment deadlines and instructions
October 31: $500 deposit due
- Turn in your deposit to the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove).
- Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
December 15: $1,250 commitment fee due
Pay here by TouchNet. Or, pay by check to the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove). Checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
February 1: remaining balance due
- Turn in your final payment to the Center for International Education (Lower Cosgrove).
- Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University or pay online with credit card.
- Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SUMMER term.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after February 1.