This course is now accepting applications for the 2015 summer program.
Course: KIN 335 Sport in Society (three credits). This course will be added to your Spring 2015 registration.
Instructor: Hailey Daehnke, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Prerequisites: SOC 101, Introduction to Sociology
Dates: May 10-24, 2015 (subject to change)
Location: London, England
Price: $3,780 (tentative)
Sport in Society focuses on the cultural context and impact of sport on society. The impact of sport in other countries varies greatly from the United States. This is due to the reverence sport has, as well as the types of sports that are popular in other countries. Sport in Society has a strong focus on sport in the international context, and it will be beneficial for students to see this firsthand. Sport in Society fulfills a major requirement for all Sport Management majors or a social science general education requrement for non-majors.
What is included
- Round-trip airfare
- London pass (covers transportation in the city and some museum tickets)
- International medical insurance with trip delay coverage
What is not included
- Passport fees
- Personal baggage fees
- Souvenirs and spending money
How to apply
Application deadline - November 17, 2014
Step 1: Complete the online application.
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Return your completed Liability Form to 300 Ambrose Hall.
Step 3: Submit a $500 deposit to 300 Ambrose Hall (checks payable to St. Ambrose University)
Payment deadlines and instructions
- November 17: $500 deposit due.
Turn in your deposit to the Center for International Education - 300 Ambrose Hall.
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- December 17: $1,000 second payment due.
Turn in your second payment to the CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION - 300 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to ST. AMBROSE UNIVERSITY.
- March 16, 2015: final payment due.
Turn in your final payment to the CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION - 300 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to ST. AMBROSE UNIVERSITY or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the SPRING 2015 term.
- If you are not accepted, or if the program is canceled, the initial deposit is refundable.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Spring semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost and are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.