This course is closed for the Winter 2013-14 term.
Course: THEO 344 Rome & Christianity (three credits). This course begins in the Fall 2013 semester.
Instructors: Fr. Bud Grant, Assistant Professor of Theology and Dr. Ethan Gannaway, Adjunct Instructor of Latin, History, and Art History
Dates: Dec. 27, 2013 - Jan. 13, 2014
Locations: Rome, Assisi, Florence and Milan
Price: $3,410 (tentative)
Rome & Christianity is an exploration of the theological developments that occurred precisely because of the confluence of Judeo-Christianity with Greco-Roman culture. We follow this development from the 1st to the 14th century. We will meet eight times during the Fall semester to build an academic foundation and to prepare for the trip. Otherwise, there is no classroom other than the sites themselves--Rome, Assisi, Florence, and Milan.
What is included
- Roundtrip airfare from Moline
- Hotels with breakfast
- Tickets to the Scavi and Uffizi Museums
- One group dinner in Rome, Assisi, Florence, and Milan
- International health insurance
- Instructor/Support Person travel expenses
- Contingency fee
What is not included
- Lunches and dinners except for the four group dinners (expect to spend approximately $600)
- Admission fees to museums and historical sites excluding the Scavi and Uffizi Museums (approximately $150)
- Ground transportation in Italy (approximately $150)
How to apply
Complete the online application and submit a $500 application deposit to the Center for International Education by April 12, 2013.
- Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University
- The application deposit is deducted from the total program cost.
- If you are not accepted into the program, the application deposit is refundable.
- If you are accepted, the application deposit is non-refundable after April 13.
- May 10, 2013: $1,000 commitment fee due
- November 1, 2013: remaining balance due
- Submit $1,000 commitment fee to the Center for International Education.
- Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- The commitment fee is deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- The commitment fee is non-refundable after May 10.
- Please submit your final payment to Student Account Services by November 1.
- The final payment is non-refundable after Novermber 1.