This course is now accepting applications for the Winter 2016-17 term.
Course: ENGL 370, Literature of Hinduism, or +PHIL 390, Introduction to Hinduism
Faculty Leader: Dr. Carl Herzig, Professor of English
Support Person: Stella Herzig, SAU Reference Librarian
Dates: December 28, 2016 - January 14, 2017 (subject to change)
Primary Location: Vrindavan, India
Price: $3,796 (tentative)
Application deadline: April 15, 2016
Particiants on this program will study Hinduism and its central text, the Bhagavad-gita, in its native and most sacred place, Vrindavan, India. Along with reading and discussing the Gita, we will visit ancient temples, holy sites of scriptural events from 5,000 years ago, a samadhi "garden" of monuments and tombs of 16th-century saints, and a sacred hill regarded as non-different from God. We'll visit goshalas (rescue/protection barns with the most loving cows you've ever hugged); a women's craft training center and school for impoverished girls; and the Taj Mahal.
What is included
- Roundtrip transportation from St. Ambrose
- International health Insurance
- Taj Mahal excursion
- Ground transportation in India
- Instructor/Support Person expenses
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Food and laundry (less than $15/day)
- Possible TB test upon return to the US (minimum $28)
How to apply
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016 Complete the online application. Submit a $500 deposit using TouchNet.
Payment deadlines and instructions
- April 15, 2016: $500 deposit due
Pay your deposit using TouchNet
- May 15, 2016: $1,500 commitment fee due
Pay your commitment fee using TouchNet IF YOU DO NOT DECLARE IN WRITING YOUR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM BY THIS DATE, YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES INCURRED FOR YOU ON THIS PROGRAM.
- November 1, 2016: remaining balance due
Pay on Beeline using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard or an echeck.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- All payments are deducted from the program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after November 1.