This course is now accepting applications for the Winter 2014-15 term.
Course: THEO 344 Rome & Christianity (three credits). This course begins in the Fall 2014 semester.
Instructors: Fr. Bud Grant, Assistant Professor of Theology and Dr. Ethan Gannaway, Adjunct Instructor of Latin, History, and Art History
Dates: Dec. 27, 2014 - Jan. 13, 2015
Locations: Rome, Assisi, Florence and Milan
Price: $3,420 (tentative)
Rome & Christianity is an exploration of the theological developments that occurred precisely because of the confluence of Judeo-Christianity with Greco-Roman culture. We follow this development from the 1st to the 14th century. We will meet eight times during the Fall semester to build an academic foundation and to prepare for the trip. Otherwise, there is no classroom other than the sites themselves--Rome, Assisi, Florence, and Milan.
What is included
- Roundtrip airfare from Moline
- Hotels with breakfast
- Tickets to the Scavi and Uffizi Museums
- One group dinner in Rome, Assisi, Florence, and Milan
- International health insurance
- Instructor/Support Person travel expenses
- Contingency fee
What is not included
- Lunches and dinners except for the four group dinners (expect to spend approximately $600)
- Admission fees to museums and historical sites excluding the Scavi and Uffizi Museums (approximately $150)
- Ground transportation in Italy (approximately $150)
How to apply
Application deadline - April 13, 2014
Step 1: Complete the online application
Step 2: Fill out a Liability Form. Upload the form into your online application or submit it to 313 Ambrose Hall.
Step 3: Submit a $500 application deposit to 313 Ambrose Hall (checks payable to St. Ambrose University).
Step 4: If your application is approved, follow the next steps for accepted students.
Payment deadlines and instructions
- April 13, 2014: $500 deposit due
Turn in your deposit to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Deposit checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose University.
- May 10, 2014: $1,000 commitment fee due
Turn in your second payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University.
- November 1, 2014: remaining balance due
Turn in your final payment to the Study Abroad Office - 313 Ambrose Hall.
Make checks payable to St. Ambrose University or pay online with credit card.
Credit card users - Indicate that the payment is for the FALL 2014 term.
- The $500 deposit is refundable ONLY if you are not accepted or if the program is canceled.
- If you are accepted, all payments are non-refundable after each payment deadline.
- The cost for this program will be added to your Fall semester bill.
- All payments are deducted from the total program cost.
- Failure to meet payment deadlines may jeopardize your place in the program.
- Credit card users will incur additional service fees.
- The final payment is non-refundable after November 1.