MY SAUA-Z IndexImage: Calendar

transfer admissions



Admission and Application

Bookmark and Share

Full Admission as a Transfer

Transfer students are eligible for admission to St. Ambrose University if they meet the following requirements:

  1. Have completed 12 college transferable credits of academic work from a fully accredited institution of higher education.
  2. Maintained a 2.0 grade point average or above (on a 4.0 scale). Students must submit transcripts of all prior work at higher education levels. With less than 12 transferable semester credits of college work, admission will be based on high school GPA and test scores.

Apply Online

Previous Academic Dismissal

Students who have been dismissed from an institution for academic or other reasons need to submit all transcripts, including high school, and a letter to the Admissions Standards Committee explaining the cause of dismissal and the steps followed to prevent future problems. Students will not be considered for admission until one semester after their dismissal.


Applicants must petition the Admissions Standards Committee for exceptions to the norms listed above.


Language Requirement

Transfer students wishing to apply a year or more of high school foreign language toward the foreign language requirement must submit a high school transcript as part of the application process.


Health History

All undergraduate students are required to submit a completed health form (found on the Health Services website) which includes a health history, a physical examination by their physician, and the dates of immunizations. Transfer students may forward a copy of the health form originally submitted to the institution from which they are transferring. This information is confidential and is available only to the Director of Health Services. Release of any health information requires the student's signature.

Placement Tests

Transfer students are required to take writing and math placement tests, with the following exceptions:


Required unless a grade of C or better is transferred for a course equivalent to ENGL 101.


Required unless a grade of C or better is transferred for course equivalent to MATH 110 or 121 or higher. Transfer students usually take placement tests during an Orientation Session the summer before starting classes.