Congratulations on being admitted to St. Ambrose University! Now that you have the acceptance letter in hand, we can help you envision yourself as an Ambrosian.
- Expect a cascade of welcomes during your first week, from outdoor Mass at the Grotto and standing ovations from faculty and staff, to one-on-one meetings with your advisors and lunch with professors. Read up on our traditions and mascot, the bees.
- Prepare to join a residence hall community – not just a dorm room. Explore your housing and roommate selection options.
- Get ready for your first year! The New Student Seminar course will help you get accustomed to expectations in college, as well as developing close friendships along the way. And the First Year Experience office is also pretty adept at handling First Year questions and being a resource for parents.
- Begin exploring the variety of off-campus activities. Whether it’s a Quad City Symphony Orchestra, our QC Mallards pro hockey team or the minor league baseball Quad Cities River Bandits (a Houston Astros affiliate), there is something sure to catch your interest in the Quad Cities.
- Visit campus: Nothing makes a better case than experiencing Ambrose life first-hand. We'll tailor the visit to your specific interests that can include talking to professors, sitting in on a class, and an overnight stay.