Students planning to major in Biology, Chemistry and Exercise Science are required to take a Chemistry Placement Test. Those interested in Nursing or Occupational Therapy do not need to take this test. This is a 45-minute, multiple choice test which is completed during your orientation event. Your test score will determine your readiness for required Chemistry and Biology courses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I prepare for this test?
A: Students are encouraged to review old high school chemistry notes or find an on-line review site to refresh your chemistry.
Do I need to bring anything?
A: No, calculators are not permitted--pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
The Foreign Language Placement test is taken online and usually takes less than 30 minutes.
You must take the foreign language placement test if:
1. You plan to major or minor in a foreign language.
2. You have NOT successfully completed three years of the same foreign language in high school and wish to begin courses above the entry level.
Directions for Foreign Language Placement Exam
1. Open Location http://webcape.byuhtrsc.org?acct=sau
2. Enter the Password: sau2015 (all lower case)
3. Choose a language
4. Complete the personal information form.
5. Follow the remaining directions to complete the test.
6. You may print a copy of your results. An electronic copy of your results will also be sent to Dianne Gilchrist in the Student Success Center, Ambrose 243.
If you have any questions, contact Dianne at 563-333-6331.