Our Admissions staff would like to share a helpful checklist to guide you and your family through the transition to college. This easy-to-use reference will help you organize the steps to take throughout your senior year:
- Visit our campus. If you haven't already been on campus, a visit will give you a chance to meet faculty and get a real feeling for what St. Ambrose has to offer. To set up an appointment, call us at 563/333-6000 or 800/383-2627, or email us at email@example.com.
- Complete a housing contract. (Admissions will contact you when the contract is available.) The sooner you submit a housing contract, the better your chances of getting your top housing choice. A $250 damage deposit must be submitted with your contract. This deposit is refundable through May 15.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Please complete this form as soon as possible after Jan. 1 to find out if you qualify for federal, state or institutional funds. The FAFSA form should be available in your high school/college counseling center and also is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. After you finish the FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report, which should be sent to us ONLY if an error exists.
- Accept/Decline Award Letter. Once the FAFSA information is received, our Financial Aid Office will determine assistance eligibility and send you an award letter outlining available funds. You'll need to accept or decline the award online.
- Complete the Health Form found on the Health Services website.
- Sign up for Orientation. Beginning in February, you'll receive information about orientation dates. Orientation will help reacquaint you with our campus, give you an opportunity to meet other students, and finish registration for fall classes.