In the spirit of David Letterman and top (insert number) lists everywhere, here's the top 5 reasons you should choose St. Ambrose University, as offered by the very people who live and work here:
- Affordability. More than 90 percent of our students receive financial aid. Academic scholarships range from our University Grant to athletics and arts scholarships to the full-tuition Ambrose Scholar Award.
- Residential living. Known for having the best college housing in the Midwest, Ambrose's residence halls feature large rooms with cable TV and high-speed Internet access, kitchens, private bathrooms, and even housekeeping services.
- Our faculty and staff. Their commitment to developing the whole person is unmatched; students often say they found another family at Ambrose.
- Quality Liberal Arts Education. More than 60 majors; 50 clubs and organizations; 23 varsity athletics; art, theatre, and music ....
- The Quad Cities. From major concerts to sporting events to shopping and great nightlife, there's something for everyone. Yes, we have cornfields, but really, we have so much more!
And a few that just missed our list:
- The soft-serve ice cream machine in the cafeteria. With hot fudge and crushed Oreos to boot!
- The Fighting Bee mascot. We're the only Fighting Bees in the nation!
- We have a ghost! If you dare wander the halls of Ambrose Hall at night, you just might run into him.
- Within walking distance of beautiful Vander Veer Park. Walk, jog, or just gab, it's our version of NYC's Central Park.