MY SAUA-Z IndexImage: Calendar



International Students

Bookmark and Share

Funding Sources

Federal law requires Ambrose to have proof of funding sources for F-1 and J-1 non-immigrant visa holders. Proof of funding to pay the estimated cost for one academic year must be proven prior to the issuance of the I-20 or DS-2019 visa request documents. If the academic program is of shorter duration, proof of funding is only needed for the length of the academic program.

Use the Declaration of Finances (pdf) to document funding sources and amounts. Supporting financial documentation must be submitted to This documentation can include bank statements, proof of loans or sponsor letters.

The primary reason for F-1 or J-1 student visa holders to enter the US is to study, not work. Students are greatly restricted in their ability to accept employment. As such, students need to be able to pay all their expenses without depending on employment in the US.

Undergraduate Financial Aid and Scholarships

Ambrose offers partial scholarships on the basis of your previous academic performance. All international students are considered for academic merit aid during the admission process. Arts and sports can provide some additional aid. The coaches of the athletic teams and the Art or Music Departments can offer additional financial aid awards. Academic awards range from $3,00 to $13,000 a year. Additional aid from coaches and the arts can increase the award to the maximum of $13,000.

For information about additional resources available for funding your study, please visit the International Admissions page on Scholarships. Visa holders are not able to apply for federal and state awarded scholarships. Visit your EducationUSA advisor in your home country for additional suggestions on funding.


Educational Loans

US-based educational loans are generally only available to non-immigrant students if a US citizen co-signs the loan. Do some research to determine if this option may be right for you.


Paying the Bill

The office of Student Accounts handles billing students. Students are billed for each academic term, once in August and once in January. To wire money to Ambrose, please contact Student Accounts for the necessary routing numbers. You can reach Student Accounts by emailing