College of Business
At the heart of the College of Business: equipping students to build success in a global context, for themselves, the organizations where they work, and the communities where they live. Inspiration starts here.
The College of Business undergraduate majors in accounting, economics, finance, international business, managerial studies and marketing, and our graduate programs in accounting, business administration (MBA and DBA), and organizational leadership are all accredited by ACBSP.
More than 85% of full-time faculty members have doctoral degrees. Many have professional work experience in the fields they teach. High-quality adjunct instructors bring a wealth of current practice and experience into our classrooms.
We have approximately 500 students, with more than 100 majoring in Marketing or Management. More than 90 are majors in Accounting. Other majors include Finance, Economics, and International Management. More than 1/3 of our students have internships during their course of studies.
More than 400 College of Business graduate students are in the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL), Master of Accounting (MAcc) or Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programs.
Based on a survey of recent graduates conducted by our Career Center, 103 respondents told us the following:
Of those who indicated, 48% had jobs in Iowa; 44% in Illinois. Other states include California, Colorado, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina and Texas.
Of those who were seeking employment at graduation:
• 97% were employed
• 92% were employed full time
• 85% were employed full time in their field.
Our graduates are employed by approximately 75 different organizations, with the most frequent being John Deere and organizations at the Rock Island Arsenal.
Our recent grads have jobs in the following industries:
• Financial services, banking or insurance (16%)
• Manufacturing (25%)
• Retail (6%)
• Government or government-related at the Rock Island Arsenal (9%)
• Professional services (20%)
• Marketing or sales (9%)
• Communication (8%)
A 2012 survey of alums from the past 30 years showed:
• 93% are very satisfied or generally satisfied with their St. Ambrose University business education.
• 91% agreed or strongly agreed that they were prepared to understand professional concepts related to their major.
• 99% of our alums have been active as volunteers in the past year.