An Education from St. Ambrose University Is More Affordable Than Ever.
There are many ways to make college affordable (scholarships, grants, work-study programs, etc.), and we're here to help.
Of all First-year students, 98% receive financial aid, and the average amount of financial aid that they receive totals $19,056. Earning a degree from one of the best universities in the Midwest is more affordable than you think!
WE'LL HELP YOU FIND A WAY
Our financial aid pros work with every family individually to customize a package that maximizes financial aid for each student.
AVOID A DEBT SENTENCE
The last thing any student wants to leave college with is a mountain of student loan debt. Our financial aid programs are designed to make college affordable ... before and after graduation.
By the Numbers
Through generous financial aid packages, scholarships, federal and state grants, and work study programs, we'll work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs.
Let's Talk Numbers
$29,736 – Undergraduate tuition for 2017-18 at St. Ambrose (12-18 credits)
91% – Percentage of First-year enrolled students who applied for financial aid
98% – Percentage of First-year students who received financial aid
$19,056 – Average award per First-year student for all sources of financial aid
The true value of a college education is only realized following graduation. That's where the rubber meets the road.
Has your education prepared you for the next chapter in your life ... and the chapter after that?
At St. Ambrose University, we're proud of the fact that our alumni successfully transition to life after college. In fact, in a recent survey of our graduates, 84% of those who responded were either employed or continuing their education.
10 Ways to Lower College Expenses
1. Pay as you go for tuition. Our flexible payment plan doesn't charge interest.
2. Get a roommate. Select one of our less expensive double room residences.
3. Rent your books for an average savings of 45%. Buying a used book is another option that also can save you some cash.
4. Take 15 or 18 credit hours (it's the same price as 12).
5. Leave the car at home. We'll cover your bus fare throughout the city.
6. Free movies from the SAU library. Just supply the popcorn!
7. Choose the 14-meal plan. The food is great, and 14 meals is plenty for most students.
8. Free Student Activities. We have a full calendar of great campus activities.
9. Graduate in 4 years or less. Your academic advisor can help.
10. Earn college credit for stuff you already know: ask about the CLEP test.