Davenport Mayor Frank Klipsch (Hon.) '07 will provide the keynote address at this year's "Destination: Leadership Conference" on Saturday, Feb. 3 in the Rogalski Center Ballroom.
The conference will begin at 9:30 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. It is free of charge to students, faculty and staff at St. Ambrose University and will include a sit-down lunch.
Online registration will continue through 4:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2.
An adjunct instructor in Leadership Studies at St. Ambrose, Klipsch was elected mayor in 2016 after retiring from a long career as CEO of the Scott County Family YMCA. His keynote topic will be "Bringing Leadership to Life."
In addition to the honorary Doctor of Public Service degree he received from St. Ambrose in 2007, Klipsch earned a Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Science from Missouri State University and a Master of Education in Sports Psychology from the University of Arizona.
Breakout sessions at the eighth annual conference include:
• "Be the Healthy Leader People Want to Follow" - Beth Bryant, DPT, Physical Therapist and CHIP Facilitator
• How to Convey Your Brand While Interviewing" - Jeff Filipski, Executive Vice President of Sales at US Water
• "Becoming an Authentic Leader" - Jon Sexton, Senior Vice President of Culture and Leadership Development, Vibrant Credit Union
• "Green Dot Bystander Intervention Training" - Megan Levetzow, Director of University Compliance and Title IX Coordinator, SAU
• "From Classroom to Career: Everything You Need to Know About How to Find a Job or Internship" - Emily Rollins, Career Advisor, SAU
• "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail - How to Set and Achieve Goals" - Laura Ekizian, Executive Vice President, Chief Relationship Officer at Quad City Bank & Trust