Whether your dream is to advance the field of avionics, design clean energy wind farms, or create new assistive technology so people can live more active lives, St. Ambrose has a program that can make your dream reality.
Our graduates work at ExxonMobil, Ford Motor Company, Genesis Health System, NASA, Boeing Charleston, Deere & Company, and Land O'Lakes.
Read more about our programs:
- Research and Design Experience
- Small Classes and Caring Faculty
- State-of-the-art Lab Facilities
Engineering at SAU emphasizes critical thinking and communication skills. Mix that with our strong foundation in the liberal arts, high academic and professional standards, out-of-classroom experiences, and faculty who are focused on you, and you graduate with all the skills you need to succeed.
Engineering and Theatre
In Spring 2017, the Engineering and Theatre departments at St. Ambrose University worked together to create windows used in the production of Richard III. The new CNC router made the intricate designs possible and added a higher quality to the scenery of the production.
Students should have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Bachelor of Science in Biology,Class of 2014
We have roughly 150 biology majors, which means our faculty can give students personal attention and guidance. Many of our undergraduate programs are intentionally designed to give you an exceptional foundation for medical programs. We do all we can to help you explore – and reach your goals – just as we did with Ashley.