Adding to its already robust offerings in communication, theatre, criminal justice, sciences, and health sciences, St. Ambrose University is proud to begin five new majors in Fall 2019.
- Digital Filmmaking – This is one of the few undergraduate filmmaking programs offered in the Midwest. Our award-winning Communication and Theatre departments will jointly oversee this major.
- Biomedical Laboratory Science – Students interested in analyzing and interpreting medical tests – such as in immunology and hematology – will find employment in a variety of settings as Medical Laboratory Technologists. This degree culminates in a practicum at an accredited lab.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Accelerated – This degree is best-suited for individuals who already hold a bachelor's degree and wish to move into the nursing field . Students can complete this online degree in as few as 15 months!
- Bachelor of Social Work – Adding to the University's strong focus on social justice is a bachelor's degree in social work. Now, current students can earn their BSW and continue for their Master of Social Work at SAU, an established and well-respected graduate degree program. Both degrees can be earned in only five years!
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – This degree is useful for currently practicing law enforcement or criminal justice personnel who want to expand their careers with skills in leadership, data diagnostics, crime analysis, and criminal justice intelligence.
The hiring outlook for all of these programs is above normal, from 6-22 percent. Social workers in healthcare are the most coveted, with nurses being a close second.
"The University adds degree programs after they have been carefully and strategically vetted by University faculty and administration," said vice president for strategic initiatives, Sandra Cassady, PhD. "Not only do these majors help us to attract new students to St. Ambrose, but they also help us respond to the overall needs of the workforce."